Sunday, 25 June 2017

Art Journalling The Digital Way

Hi everyone.

I hope you are having a good summer, assuming it is summer in your part of the world, of course.

I recently made a Mid Year's Resolution (as opposed to a New Year's Resolution) to change my approach to blogging and go for "little and often" rather then "long and infrequently"! So I'm starting as I mean to go on with this art journalling page, done the digital way.

I started art journalling in the real world last year, thanks to a brilliant book I found by art journalist Dawn DeVries Sokol called Art Doodle Love. I'd highly recommend it, especially if like me you are new to the wonderful and creative world of art journalling.


One of the problems I find with art journalling is that I can't draw, at least I don't feel I can but that's a whole other story. So when I discovered a fantastic digikit called Pitkinesque by Gibby Frogett Craftations, I was delighted to realise that I could now create just the sort of designs I was looking for but digitally instead of by hand. Here is the first page I have done.

Artwork by Gibby Frogett Craftations
Final Design by Melissa Lawrence

Thanks to the very inspiring items in this amazing digikit, I feel that it might not be too long before I feel ready to have a go at creating art journalling designs with my own hand-drawn artwork. In the meantime, I'm just really glad that there are such talented artists out there who are willing to share their considerable artistic talents with us lesser mortals!

Pitkinesque is a Personal Use Only digikit and currently only intended for DaisyTrail members. 

No comments:

Post a Comment